Seoul's Daehangno district was brimming with visitors on Sunday for the opening of "2023 Welcome Daehakro," the largest domestic performance tourism festival in the country.
The festivities began with a vibrant opening show on the main street, which was closed to traffic for the event. The opening show featured a festive parade of performances from musicals, dance, taekwondo demonstrations and marching bands.
As part of the festival, fringe performances will continue throughout October, with a series of outdoor shows at Marronnier Park on Sunday and on Oct. 27-28. These performances will showcase a diverse range of street arts, including theater, musicals, non-verbal shows, magic and classical music.
- Yoon lauds rapid growth of Korean defense industry
- From traditional to trendy, three of Seoul's top yukhoe spots
- [New in Korean] Ancient Korean mummy unearthed in Irish peatland
- Opposition party leader ends 24
- Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
- Apple to launch iPhone15 series in S. Korea on Oct. 13
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding